Best Foods to Eat For Sun Protection
A natural way to get the sun protection you need
Protecting yourself from the sun is one of the most important keys to keeping your skin its natural beauty. There are two important ways to keep sun damage from happening. Always make sure you put on sunscreen with a high SPF when going outside and the other one is eating the right foods so your beauty glows from within. Here are some of the best foods to eat for sun protection.
• Citrus fruits: Fruits like oranges, lemons and limes. A substance known as limonene has been proven to reduce skin cancer.
• Green tea: This certain tea has a high amount of natural antioxidants and can be served warm or cold.
• Fresh vegetables: Carrot and other certain vegetables contain carotenoids. The body has a natural way of turning it into vitamin A.
• Red peppers: For some strange reason people who eat an above average amount of red peppers rarely get severe sunburns. If you want more sun protection, add more peppers in your diet.
• Spinach: This green vegetable has antioxidants known as zeaxanthin and lutein, which is known to stop abnormal cell growth in overheated skin.
• Fish: Seafood like salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty fish oils and is a great way to avoid skin damage due to it keeps the beauty of you healthy inside and out.
• Walnuts: Nuts are known to have a good amount of fatty acids, especially walnuts. Nuts are an easy travel food that you can eat on the go.
Having healthy skin is important for your overall health. When your skin is damaged from the sun you are more susceptible to other damage or scarring.
Wearing SPF protection and using other means such as hats and clothing to cover your skin when you feel you are getting too hot are also great precautions to take.
The sun is a great benefit to your overall health. It gives us energy and provides nature to grow its beauty around us, but it can also be harmful if you get too much of it. Be smart and do what is needed to protect your skin and learn the signs of when it’s time to come in out of the sun. Give your skin the chance to have a glow in it's own natural beauty.